Dates: July 20-August 5, 2020
To register for LIVE or Virtual Summer Basketball Camps, please follow the directions below:
STEP 1: Click Here to Register Online
STEP 2: (Includes PayPal Fee)
or mail a check to: John Ulrich, 637 S. Warren, Palatine, IL 60074
LIVE at Immanuel Lutheran School, 200 N. Plum Grove Rd, Palatine, IL 60067
or virtual at home
2020 SESSION 2 Camp Schedule
Camp will be every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
from Monday, July 20 – Wednesday, August 5
Camp A (Grades 7 - 10)
12:30 – 2:00 pm
Camp B (Grades 2 - 6)
2:15 – 3:45 pm
Summary of important guidelines we are implementing and would like to highlight specifically:
1. Campers must wait in their car and go through wellness screening before being admitted to camp.
2. We cannot allow anyone into camp that has displayed any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 72 hours. If your child has displayed any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not bring them to camp. Before they may come to camp, they must either: A. "be feverless and feeling well (without fever-reducing medication) for 72 hours"; B. "remain isolated at home for a minimum of 10 days after symptom onset"; or C. "confirmed to not have COVID-19 via 2 negative COVID-19 tests in a row, with testing done at least 24 hours apart."
3. Masks must be worn before leaving the vehicle and must stay on at all times, unless specified okay to be removed by the coach. The coaches will only allow masks to be removed when social distancing of 6 ft. or more can absolutely be enforced. For most of our individual skills drills, masks will not be required; in which case campers will have the option of putting their mask in their bag.
4. Occasionally, we will use a common basketball for drills. Before sharing a basketball, campers will be required to wash and/or sanitize their hands and the ball will be sanitized, as well. Following the drill, campers will again need to wash/sanitize their hands and the ball will be sanitized again, as well. If your camper does not want to use a shared basketball, we will modify the drill and skill so that they can still improve using their own ball--just please have them speak up and tell us.
5. Occasionally, we will run drills with an offense vs. defense. Facemasks will be required when scrimmaging offense vs. defense. Live offense vs. defense repetitions will be kept short in order to ensure the drill is non-exhaustive. If at any point in time, a camper feels they are struggling to catch their breath; they are to stop playing immediately, and remove their mask while staying 6 ft. away from anybody else. They should also inform the coaches, as well. If your camper does not want to use a shared basketball, we will modify the drill and skill so that they can still improve using their own ball--just please have them speak up and tell us.
6. No spectators or volunteers will be allowed in the gym at any time. Only trained staff and campers may be in the gym.
7. Players may participate in camp via Zoom at the same time as regular camp.
8. Each participant must have a signed waiver (by their parent/guardian) on file agreeing to adhere to the guidelines outlined in our approach plan and that they understand the inherent risk with COVID-19.